Rimless glasses may seem unusual if you’ve worn traditional frames all your life. The truth is, the style is nearly as old as eyeglasses themselves. Here are several reasons people like wearing rimless glasses: Show moreless
- They’re lightweight and comfortable – titanium is often used for the temples and bridge
- There’s no frame to obscure the view at the edge of your lenses
- You can choose from a wide variety of lens shapes and sizes since there’s no rim to worry about
- Rimless glasses are subtle – they won’t get in the way of your face – and work with almost any wardrobe
Of course, rimless glasses aren’t for everyone. Common complaints include:
- They tend to be more delicate than full-rim glasses
- Rimless glasses can’t always accommodate thick lenses
- The price of rimless eyeglasses tends to be higher than traditional frames
Are Rimless Glasses Right for Me?
If this is your first time trying rimless glasses, you’ll want to keep a couple things in mind. First, they’re going to feel a lot lighter than your old frames. This is a selling point for many people who wear rimless eyeglasses. Next, they won’t be as noticeable to other people. If you like to make a fashion statement with your glasses, rimless frames are probably not the best choice. If you want to showcase your beautiful face, rimless glasses may be right up your alley. You can preview the way you’ll look in rimless glasses by using our Virtual Try-On Tool.
Popular Brands for Rimless Eyeglasses
Many eyewear brands offer rimless glasses, including Calvin Klein, Ray-Ban, and Flexon. Even though rimless eyeglasses are subtle, there are still design elements to consider, such as temple color and thickness. Frame materials affect weight, with titanium a favorite choice of manufacturers because it’s so light you may forget you’re wearing glasses.
Shopping for Rimless Glasses at Eyeconic
Why is Eyeconic the best place to buy rimless glasses online? We’re glad you asked. First, our eyewear selection is tough to beat, with a range of brands you know and trust. We also offer lens upgrades, like anti-reflective coatings. Even our base lenses are impressive – they’re scratch resistant and block 100% of UV rays.
Next, we accept VSP, MetLife, and Cigna vision benefits, which means you can save money. Shipping and returns are always free, so you don’t have to worry about hidden charges. Finally, we offer a free frame adjustment to make sure your new rimless glasses fit perfectly. Need a prescription? No problem – check out our Find a Doctor page to locate an optometrist or ophthalmologist near you.